Life is better when you laugh; in fact everything feels better with a smile on your face. We mistakenly assume that we need to feel happy to laugh, when the truth is that laughing will make us feel happy. The body actually doesn’t know the difference between real and simulated laughter. Children naturally laugh hundreds of times a day but as we grow older if we laugh on average ten times a day we are doing well. Laughter workshops give you the opportunity to wake up your chuckle muscles, and the more you use them the stronger they get, and the easier it is to fall into a natural hearty laugh. Laughter workshops stimulate your ability to laugh and experience joy and happiness. This feel-good feeling does not stay in the room but extends into your life and, as laughter is contagious, your joyfulness will also spread those around you.
Laughter helps you to:
- Feel lighter, brighter with increased happiness
- Release feel good hormones – endorphins
- Lower stress hormones (cortisol)
- Be physically active, helping to improve circulation
- Develop positive thinking strategies
- Practice alternative responses to situations
- Feel calmer and more relaxed
- Become healthier and boost your immune system
- Connect with people and develop positive relationships
Laughter in the workplace:
- Connects teams
- Increases brain function (oxygenating the body and brain)
- Builds better communication
- Encourages creativity
- Lowers stress
- Creates a positive working environment
- Help teams feel valued
- Boosts physical and emotional wellbeing
- Encourages healthy and happy staff who are less likely to leave or go sick
Laughter sessions are usually group activities and are the most amazing way of engaging with your inner joy in a way that is, if I’m honest, a little silly but……. does have a powerful effect on your physical and emotional wellbeing. The more you practice laughter the more you experience the power this has to lift your spirits and boost you both physically and emotionally.
As your Laughter Coach I can help you to engage with your inner joy and reawaken your laughter and bring more laughter into your world.